The AUDI Trademark just created an important number of domain names: 470 domain names ending in ".audi" have been created in one week. This is a lot for a .BRAND new gTLD.
I dug on google and found redirections to existing Audi websites and found two using ".audi" domain names:
SHAPR uses ".email" domain names. SHAPR is a French mobile application to allow professionals to meet and network. It works a different way and goes straight to the point: "meet".
For the first time, I connected with someone yesterday and noticed that the internal email used by the application to connect registered users is a ".email" domain name. This is pretty unusual since the Universal Acceptance group at ICANN deals with this very specific problem and it is far from being solved at an international level. Some servers still reject emails using new domain names. Such risk taken by innovators demonstrates one thing though: new gTLDs are being more trusted.
What you missed in our previous Newsletter:
- Amen - 4 new gTLD were delegated: .католик - .كاثوليك - .天主教 - .CATHOLIC;
- The tables are turned: now Donuts can delay Verisign;
- The Business Benefits of Not-Com Domain Names;
- Interesting - Adopting a Creative Domain Extension;
- Some article about new gTLDs & Universal Acceptance;
- Letter from the Red Cross ...asking for full protection of "redcross" and "redcrescent";
- Answer from the ICANN to the Red Cross request.
Domain name registration volumes:
Since most new gTLDs have launched, reports will be updated on a monthly basis starting January 2017.
- New gTLDs related to CARS (HOT);
- Generic new gTLDs;
- New gTLDs related to HEALTH.
Our reports are available here.