First of all, I want to wish a happy new year to my readers and inform on a few things that I am launching:
- A new gTLD study which answers that question: "why would I create my .BRAND new gTLD?"
- A new "Tools" page at Jovenet Consulting: this is a page that I will keep filling with new documents and tools for future new gTLD applicants;
- A French version of Jovenet Consulting: this is not a very funny thing to do but there is an increasing demand in France for .BRAND info and since Jovenet Consulting is based in Paris...it makes sense. I am working on this at the moment.
I am also looking for a new major sponsor: I have a preference for a back-end registry solution provider or a registry but I am also interested in being sponsored by a corporate registrar or a law firm.
Objectives for future round(s):
- Create the best .BRAND new gTLD offer on the market;
- Make the Jovenet Consulting network the #1 new gTLD information provider;
- Find a partner to work with: working alone ".sucks".
What you missed in our previous Newsletters:
- .AFRICA could go live after court refuses injunction;
- Interesting - More new gTLD predictions for 2017:
- Predictions #3: Opportunities to hand-register liquid new gTLDs will continue;
- Prediction #4: Some new gTLDs will crash and burn.
- NewG talk #19: MIIT-approved NewG extensions;
- Security experts say ICANN should address collisions before approving more new TLDs;
- French - Fin d’année mouvementée pour les noms de domaine:
- Etat statistique des nTLDs au samedi 31/12/16 (données publiées);
- Des temps incertains;
- Les .BRAND à l’honneur;
- A la conquête de la Chine;
- La stratégie de gratuité: info ou intox?
- Remous autour de la nouvelle procédure de transfert des noms de domaine (LegacyTLDs et nTLDs).
- Brand Innovators = 108 Brands;
- 14 comments to "Confusing New gTLDs": the list of confusing new gTLDs is gaining traction as more people are commenting and criticizing the article. Participate here and check the final list here;
- Interesting - My predictions for new gTLDs;
- Donuts extends DPML Plus and delays price hike;
- .COM Registrations Loses Another 1 Million Domains In Less Than 2 Weeks;
- Caveat Emptor Domain Name Registrants re: ICANN Base New gTLD RA;
- Your Domain Name Ends in Dot What?
- First .GOOG website is live (Google Trust Service);
- ICANN Litigation Update (.AFRICA, IRP & CEP Status Report .WEB);
- .SHOP and .SITE get Chinese approval;
- Independent review of the ICANN ASO: Deadline announcement of the selected bid: 31 January 2017;
- French - Comment défendre la protection des indications géographiques lors de l’attribution des New gTLDs?
- In Praise of .XYZ.