What about the .GDN Registry?
The strategy for the .GDN new gTLD seems to be a little different since there are still few Registrars to be accredited yet (with more coming little by little). This week, we noticed a change in registration volumes from the Registry with an important increase. Last week (on week 23), there were 29,259 domain names registered. This is not so bad for a Registry which launched with few Registrars accredited. This week (week 24), there are 65,795 domains registered.
Reminder about ".GDN" : it stands for "Global Domain Name", it is ultra cheap, it is a short Top-Level Domain with 3 letters and comes in direct competition with ".com" offering many free domains to register.
- Article - The Most Exciting New Generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs);
- 7 more new gTLD were delegated: .ASLTOM - .DUNLOP (added to the CARS new gTLD report) - .AIRBUS - .GOODYEAR (also added to the CARS new gTLD report) - .KOSHER - .DUPONT and .ERICSSON
- "On the Rise" (the .GDN new gTLD);
- The French new gTLD report by Nameshield;
- Article - $1,000 to renew a ".shop" domain name?
- Sunrise Periods:
- Ending in June:
- .닷컴 (com)
- .닷넷 (net)
- Ending in July:
- Owner of Boats.com and .BOATS talks;
- Registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to Catering;
- HOT - New gTLDs related to Cities;
- New gTLDs related to Photography.
- Article - Vanity Keyword TLD Domain Names Do Not Get Ranking Boost;
- More coming during the day: receive all NEWS by email.
|The Nameshield Group: Registry, Corporate and Retail Registrar|