CAN ANYONE REGISTER A .ARCHI DOMAIN?Basically, it means that you must belong to the group of Architects to register a domain name ending in ".archi" and if you don't, you're not supposed to be able to buy one (even if you can at most accredited Registrar). I suspect this is going to change for two reasons:
No, in order to register a .ARCHI domain name, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- being an individual professional architect or an architecture firm registered as a member of the International Union of Architects (“UIA”) Member Section. The current list of UIA Member Sections and Allied Member Section is available on the UIA website or;
Learn more about who can register a .ARCHI domain by reading our Domain Name Policy.
- being an architecture-related organization (such as schools, museums, professional media, etc.) listed on a dedicated list defined by the APAC (i.e., Archi Policy Advisory Committee which is the supervising and regulatory body of the .ARCHI Domain) in collaboration with the UIA and available here.
- Afilias usually sells new domain names with no restriction;
- The link to the .ARCHI Domain Name Policy is broken ;-);
- The Press Release says: "...should enable all 3 of these TLDs to reach their full potential" and this tells a lot.
Another interesting thing about this acquisition is this little sentence in the press release: "Other Registry Operators interesting in talking with Afilias should contact us at WeBuyTLDs@Afilias.INFO". We don't talk about buying domain names here, we talk about buying complete Registries: a real business today.
- Dispute - Hugo Boss recovers domain in cybersquatting dispute (hugoboss.site);
- Press Release - Registry acquires Premium TLDs .ARCHI, .BIO and .SKI;
- Registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to CITIES;
- New gTLDs related to CATERING;
(the .PAMPEREDCHEF new gTLD was added to the report)
- New gTLDs related to PHOTOGRAPHY.
- Virgin Loses URS On The Domain Name VirginMedia.vip;
- African brands wiped off the map as ICANN flips the kill switch on 10 gTLDs;
- New Internet Security Domains Debut;
- Photos & Highlights from the 1st Domain Startup Summit in Santa Monica, California.