- ICANN: "...we anticipate that the AGB will be finalized in May 2025, which enables the application round to open in Q2 2026 (with the goal of April 2026). Any delays to the timeline of the Policy Implementation work stream will cause delays to the opening of the round" (source).
- The .MUSIC Sunrise Period starts 11 September 2023 to 15 November 2023 (source).
- It is over for Jean Lassalle, Former Deputy in the National Assembly of France, to complain about the .LASALLE new gTLD, the Trademark Claims Period eneded on Jul 2023 (source). Note that this is a joke.
- On the .HOTEL Independent Review Process (IRP) documents, there is something new dated July 2023 but good luck with this reading (source).
- The .SPORT new gTLD was transferred in July (source).
Tuesday, August 15, 2023
New gTLDs: "Reminder"
A few things that I noticed about new gTLDs recently:
Location: Paris, France
I am a new gTLD Consultant based in Paris. "New gTLD" stands for "new generic Top-Level Domains" from the ICANN new gTLD program. They are new domain name extensions such as ".consulting" (instead of ".com").