Counsel will support the Amazon Registry Services business on a broad range of commercial contracting, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters relating to gTLD registries. Counsel will work directly with business teams, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and addressing pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. Counsel’s principal duties will include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated technology, distribution, licensing, marketing, and other commercial agreements, including agreements with third parties in the domain name space. Counsel will also provide ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of areas relating to intellectual property, including contractual relationships, data protection, and regulatory compliance. Limited travel (domestic and international) may be required. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, have a sense of humor, be business minded and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- 5+ years of legal experience (with at least three years at a leading law firm or in house) as a transactional attorney, preferably with focused experience in specialized IT contracts and/or the domain name system
- Familiarity with trademark and copyright law
- A J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
- Limited travel (domestic and international) may be required
- In house experience at a technology company
- Familiarity with cross-jurisdictional contracting issues is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.