This is an interview from David Goldstein: Domain Pulse Q&A With Jovenet Consulting’s Jean Guillon. If interested in new gTLDs, I strongly suggest that section from Domain Pulse entitled "New gTLDs"
Dismay at the time it’s taking for ICANN to launch a new round of new gTLD applications is an underlying theme for Jovenet Consulting’s Jean Guillon in today’s Domain Pulse Q&A, as well as it’s the insiders who are framing the new applicant guidebook and the larger companies are the ones with the resources to put into submitting applications from an anticipated overly complicated applicant guidebook. But it’s not all dismay as Jean is excited about the future of new gTLDs, the .BEST registry, and he has a French city waiting to apply for its own gTLD and he believes he’s worked out what works and doesn’t.
Questions asked by Domain Pulse:
- What were the highlights, lowlights and challenges of 2019 in the domain name industry, both for you and/or the industry in general?
- What are you looking forward to in 2020?
- What challenges and opportunities do you see for the year ahead?
- How have new gTLDs fared in 2019?
- What progress do you see on a new round of applications for new gTLDs in 2020?
- What one thing would you like to see addressed or changed in the domain name industry?