This is a correspondence which was just published on the ICANN website between the Red Cross and the ICANN:
The ICRC to ICANN (translated by myself): "after five years of discussions, when can you confirm that "redcross" and "redcrescent" are fully protected at the first and second level (first and second level domain names)?
"...the Board took a decision in 2013 to grant temporary protection to the names of your national societies; thus preventing such registrations at the second level for all new gTLDs. Such temporary protection will stay in place until an agreed permanent solution is in place."and:
"I will update you on developments concerning the latter and the process and likely timescales involved".Sources:
What you missed in our previous Newsletter:
- Chinese registrants like .LOAN;
- Identifier Technology Health Indicators;
- Donuts loses $22.5m .WEB lawsuit;
- Cool - Just delegated: .BOSTON
- Court tosses Donuts’ .WEB lawsuit;
- Infographic Explaining Top Level Domain System;
- SEDO Registry services;
- . ART domain name seeks to become dominant global online site for art.
Domain name registration volumes:
Since most new gTLDs have launched, reports will be updated on a monthly basis starting January 2017.
- New gTLDs related to RELIGION;
- Singular VS Plural new gTLDs;
- New gTLDs related to FRENCH applications.
Our reports are available here.