- .FUN (there were 3 applicants for this application);
- .PHONE (there were 2 applicants for this application and a similar TLD already exists: the .TEL domain name extension which has more than 100,000 registrations);
- .DATA (there were 3 applicants for this application);
- .MOBILE (there were 3 applicants for this extension and a similar TLD already exists: the .MOBI new gTLD).
The dates for Sunrise Periods should be announced soon at the Trademark Clearinghouse.
- 3 new gTLDs coming? (.PHONE / .DATA / .MOBILE);
- Are ".com" domain names dying?
- Not-Coms See Major Growth in Web Traffic Rankings;
- New Afnic issue paper "Brands and the new Corp TLDs";
- Perfect Usage of a .Christmas Domain;
- Update - In which extension(s) should companies secure their domains?
- Will 2017 finally be the year of the new gTLD?
- The .CHARITY Independent Review Process;
- What is a .BRAND;
- NewG talk #17;
- Declaration on .AFRICA new gTLD;
- .Com Domain Registrations Back Under 128 Million.
Domain name registration volumes:
Since most new gTLDs have launched, reports will be updated on a monthly basis starting January 2017.
- New gTLDs related to COMPANIES;
- New gTLDs related to the LAW (the .LAW is in the blue);
- New gTLDs related to FINANCE;
- New gTLDs related to COLORS;
- New gTLDs related to SPORT;
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL;
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE (many are in the red: end of the year?
Our reports are available here.
Note to our readers: starting January 2017, the content of our Newsletter will be sent by email only. It will not be made available online anymore on www.newsletter.domains.