The Registry in charge of developing .CLUB domain names took the decision to use a ".blog" domain name for the Blog section of its website.
A registry is the highest authority in the domain name chain (after ICANN) and has full power to act technically on all ".club" domain names worldwide. In this case, we are talking about more than 800,000 domain names.
This move is a good demonstration of why "new generic Top-Level Domain names" make sense, in one word: DESCRIPTIVENESS. Do ".com" domain names offer this option?
New domain name registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to SPORT;
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE;
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL.
To subscribe and receive the latest NEWS in your email, click here.
In our previous Newsletter:
- .GLOBAL : 2 years in business;
- HOT - .brand Delegated? Now Comes the Fun Part;
- Saturday Photos and Highlights from THE Domain Conference 2016;
- .CLUB and Domain.com Have A SUPER Showing At TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2016!
- Rightside Group, Ltd. (NAME), Interview with Taryn Naidu, CEO;
- FRENCH: 2ème concours SEO .alsace
- Sport organizations: paid to promote their sport?
Most recent Trademark Clearinghouse Sunrise Period announcements