Gamers seem to have noticed the launching of the .GAMES new gTLD. I checked domain name registration figures today and noticed that the Registry has already more than twice the number registrations than the singular version of the extension: the .GAME new gTLD. The price difference probably explains this.
There is an advertising campaign that has just launched to encourage American voters "to do their duty". The Iron Man is on front page and I am confident that such initiatives will help new gTLDs grow faster. I believe it is important to add that "vote" is a French word too and I would appreciate if someone could pass the word to @axellelemaire. The campaign: http://savetheday.vote/
New domain name registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to SPORT (updated yesterday);
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL (updated yesterday);
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE (updated yesterday);
- SINGULAR vs PLURAL new gTLDs;
- FRENCH new gTLD applications;
- New gTLDs related to RELIGION.
To subscribe and receive the latest NEWS in your email, click here.
In Tuesday's Newsletter:
- HOT - MMX reports earnings, big investment from China;
- Just announced: .网站 (web) Sunrise Period;
- Stats - New gTLDs growing faster than .com;
- Fund has acquired 700,000 shares of RightSide;
- DOMAINfest Kicks Off in Hong Kong!
- Uniregistry to release 10 million domains;
- Chinese investor pumps $7 million into M+M as .vip pushes firm into profit;
- French: Et ton .ALSACE il marche comment dans Google?
- A gaming community dedicated to equality and opportunity (www.jeu.video);
- Minds + Machines upbeat as it plans £13mln offer to shareholders
Previous Campaigns can be viewed here.
Most recent Trademark Clearinghouse Sunrise Period announcements
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.