If we are already familiar with the .商标 new gTLD, which stands for "trademark" in Chinese*, we are not yet familiar with other IDN new gTLDs related to COMPANIES.
The post mentions three IDN new gTLDs which could have an impact on companies who would forget to secure their domain names in these IDN extensions. The IDNs are:
- .公司 (company);
- .世界 (world);
- .集团 (corporate group).
The 3 extensions were added to out COMPANY new gTLD report, which is sent each Tuesday in our Newsletter.
New domain name registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE;
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL;
- New gTLDs related to SPORT;
- New gTLDs related to the LAW (yesterday's report);
- New gTLDs related to FINANCE (yesterday's report);
- New gTLDs related to COLORS (yesterday's report).
To subscribe and receive the latest NEWS in your email, click here.
In our two previous Newsletters:
- .Shop gets to 51,755 domains just hours after GA;
- HOT - New TLD Market Brief – September 2016;
- .LTD domain names may be limited in use but growth is steady;
- .Sucks Domain Name in Ad Age Magazine;
- HOT - Active Brand TLDs;
- “UDRP-proof” .feedback gTLD loses first UDRP;
- Sunrise Period for .网站 (web) starts on Monday, 26 September;
- Overcharged .UK customers help pay for .VODKA;
- Your trusted source for .NEWS;
- 5 reasons to Try a New Domain for Your Brand;
- Bird & Bird wins landmark first UDRP decision against a ".feedback" gTLD;
- Is there anything good about the release of hundreds of new extensions?
- The domain Home.nyc was registered for $30 because of a glitch;
- Silicon NYC kickoff features .NYC domain names;
- 50+ businesses dumped their .com for a new domain - or did they?
- Reminder (.BRANDs): Specification 13 granted;
- How Companies like Amazon, eBay, Porsche and GoDadddy are using some of their new gTLDs;
- .CLOUD has a TV commercial on CNN, too.
* I wonder if someone will consider applying for the ".TRADEMARK" new gTLD in the second round of the ICANN new gTLD program.