The .COMPANY new gTLD report is pretty interesting this week. On the list of domain name extensions that we think companies should register their domain name (we included legacy TLDs in that list by the way), more of them are in the red: it means that they have less registrations than the week before. It is pretty hard not to see the progression of the .GDN new gTLD which passes from 83,264 domain names last week to 114,264 this week. We suggest readers to compare with last week.
- Startup with $2m in funding launches using a ".chat" domain;
- Cool - The growing appeal of .GEO domains for local online marketing;
- Three dotBrand Registries have launched their first domains:
- HITACHI: http://social-innovation.hitachi/;
- EMERCK: http://www.company.emerck/;
- ABBOTT: http://www.nutritionnews.abbott/.
- Article: laughable pathetic behavior in the new gTLD industry;
- Post - Security is one reason why brands launch own domain extension;
- New gTLD registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to COMPANIES (newsletter only);
- New gTLDs related to the LAW;
- New gTLDs related to FINANCE;
- New gTLDs related to COLORS.
- Numbers - StartingDot announces 30,000 new domains registered for its 4 new gTLD applications;
- Com Laude hits out at ‘.sucks’ after contract termination, Vox Populi fires back;
- More coming during the day.