I wonder...who will buy domain names ending in ".MOBILE"? The question was raised recently at another "Multiple Registry" who applied for domain name extensions that will probably sell very few domain names so...why would someone apply for such domain name extension?
I checked figures and I am now certain that it is worth applying for a new gTLD for a speculation purpose. I mean by this that you can earn more money selling a domain name extension in an auction rather than launching the Registry itself and try to sell domain names. Could it be what we are talking about here?
- Weekly report - New gTLDs related to Companies;
- Resolved: the .MOBILE contention set;
- The Nameshield Group was in Brussels and spoke to .BRUSSELS and .GENT new gTLDs;
- Launching a Startup? Consider new gTLDs;
- Direct link to new gTLD contention sets;
- Mistake in this applicant's new gTLD application,
- Uber on a bike = now.bike
- More coming for tonight's Newsletter.