I call a "Registrant", the person to own a domain name and who's had to pay interest in new gTLDs at some point: website owner, law firm, webmaster, IP department...
Feedback received from Registrants
- I have a ".com": why would I change my domain name?
- It is expensive (...)
- You said a domain name ending in ".consulting": do you mean "consulting.com"?
- Domain names ending in ".sucks"? Come on: no one would allow that (and certainly not the people who govern the Internet*)!
- There are too many: I would like to secure them all to protect my name but it is too expensive.
- I noticed some domain name extensions exist with an "s": this is confusing and irritating.
- Some extensions are really interesting, some ... I ,just don't understand.
- My Registrar keeps me informed about new domain names, this is fortunate because I don't have time for this.
- My Registrar sends me too many emails about new gTLDs, this is annoying.
- Why is there such a difference of price between Registrars?
hatedon't like domainers;
- .BRAND new gTLDs are a good idea for those who can afford it;
- The Trademark Clearing what?
- It is sad that the Trademark Clearinghouse mechanism did not allow to block a domain name from being registered;
- Why should I pay more to protect my name? In the past I had a domain name and if was fine: now so many are related to my business, the risk of infringement has increased and I am forced to act.
- .CITY new gTLDs are a good idea;
- Now I have a new domain name, should I stop renewing my ".com" or should I keep it?
- More coming (send us your feedback).
- "New gTLDs according to Registrars";
- "New gTLDs according to Registries";
- "New gTLDs according to ICANN" .
* Ok, this one was from me ;-)