- Report - New gTLDs related to SPORT;
- Article - Unlocking the potential of new Top Level Domains;
- Meet - Registry .CLUB is on the Road Again: let's meet!
- New .BRAND examples of use: the .SWATCH and .OMEGA new gTLDs;
- 6 new gTLDs were just delegated (= are coming soon);
- Lessons Learned - The ICANN New gTLD Program Reviews;
- Escrow - TWNIC has been approved by ICANN to provide data escrow services to new gTLD Registries;
- For info - Just added to the COMPANIES new gTLD report: the .WHOSWHO Top-Level Domain.
- Donuts makes weird investment in startup;
- More coming by the end of the day.
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Interesting chat with the .GDN Registry yesterday and a surprise coming by the end of the year. I noticed that many Registrars are passing the test to become accredited to selling ".gdn" domain names. Chatting with a domainer, I was explained that there are competitors to ".gdn" domains and they are: .XYZ - .COM (of course) and .TOP. These 3 registries
sell a lot of domain names have a lot of domain name registrations but the 3 of them have a specific meaning: the "xyz" term is also a way to say "and bla, bla, bla" and "top" means "on top". The "com" also has a meaning but it is hiding somewhere on the Verisign website and I am happy if someone tells me what it exactly means. On the other hand "GDN" stands for "Global Domain Name": a clear competitor to... ".com", isn't it?
News for the day