Note that this post is not about what Chinese do with their domain names (use, park, spam, squat, resell) but about the fact that it is important for Registries and Back-ends to sell domain names:
- To install them on the market: the more domains the greater visibility;
- Profitability: many domains, once bought, are renewed once a year.
New domain name registration volumes:
Tonight's new gTLD Newsletter:
To receive our free Newsletter, register here.
What you missed in our previous Newsletter:
- Webinar DPML Plus (by the TMCH): Tuesday 11 October 2016, 16:00 [UTC]. Register here;
- What to Do When .com Is Taken;
- Roots hits 1,500 live TLDs as US oversight ends;
- Minds and Machines: Accepting tender offer and increase in position (by an insider/investor in multiple new gTLD applications);
- .CLUB Wins “Registry of the Year” at The Domain Conference 2016;
- The .XYZ pollution;
- New gTLDs "UA" (UA = Universal Acceptance): What the UA Group is fighting for at ICANN;
- Round 2: not before 2018?
- New gTLDs related to "COMPANIES" (Which new domain names should a company secure).