- START: Wednesday, 7 December, 2016 - 16:00;
- END: Tuesday, 7 February, 2017 - 16:00.
Interesting extract from the application:
It is difficult to anticipate the number of registrations in the restricted registry for .art, as the number may be determined by the effectiveness of marketing and the reception of internet users to the new gTLDs more generally. It is estimated that between 25,000 and 80,000 registrations may take place in the first year. It is difficult to estimate the number of people engaged at different levels within the visual arts community worldwide; however as a portion of the population, the number is likely to be significant and growing. In 2009 there were over 400,000 listed businesses engaging in the art market worldwide and between 5 and 15 million individuals engaging in arts related activities.What you missed in our previous Newsletter:
- .CLUB Gets Approved by Chinese Government (Official announcement);
- Just delegated: the .HAIR new gTLD;
- Overseas TLD Registries Licensed by Chinese Government;
- Bellevue startup Donuts finds success with domain-name registry;
- Jobs at Donuts Inc:
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Bellevue, WA;
- Director of Digital Marketing - Bellevue, WA.
- Why Donuts is Called Donuts.
- New gTLD Conference: ICANN New gTLD Program: Exploring Impact & Future Direction;
- HOT - Identification card to register a .TOP ?
- The .CLUB Registry approved in China;
- .xyz, .club and .vip get the nod to sell in China;
- The .BANGLA new gTLD;
- Innovation - Apple reveals self-driving car plans;
- The future of .COM after new gTLDs boom!
- Cross-Community Working Group on new gTLD Auction Proceeds Home;
- Imagine and Inspire with a .DESIGN Domain;
- Lancement du .RADIO par l'UER;
- The most surprising new TLDs so far;
- Amazon launches a new Brand TLD website;
- What Is A TLD? gTLD? ccTLD? newgTLD? IDN?
- Good read - Quelles sont les opportunités SEO des nouvelles extensions de domaine?
Domain name registration volumes:
Since most new gTLDs have launched, reports will be updated on a monthly basis starting January 2017.
- For Companies;
- For the Law;
- For Finance;
- For Colors;
- For Sport (check the .XBOX new gTLD);
- For Real estate.
Our reports are available here.