These are the topics covered:
- What TLDs are and why organisations are using them;
- Different types of TLD and how they can be used;
- Benefits of TLDs including: improved brand recognition, better online security and more;
- How Google and other search engines treat new gTLDs;
- Explanation of ‘DotBrand’ – a particularly powerful type of gTLD for global organisations;
- How organisations are embracing new TLDs for greater SEO benefit.
- A beginner's guide to Top Level Domains
- The introduction of new gTLDs
- What is a .BRAND ?
- How do search engine treat new gTLDs
- Interesting: SEO tips effectively utilizing a .BRAND
The last point on SEO tips utilizing .BRAND domain name extensions is one that I found interesting: it is short but it is a must read for applicants with the intention to use their extension. Such section should be read before creating the first ".brand" domain name.
It is always interesting to read what one provider can add to such guides but I found that the new URL redirection strategy used by some .BRANDs was not covered.
A dotBrand Top-Level Domain is a powerful tool for branding mixed with SEO, not SEO only: a trademark will be able to do SEO without its own extension using other domain names that will probably cost a lot less money.
Download the guide
The guide can be downloaded on the Nominet website. Nominet is a backend registry service provider for 37 new gTLDs. It offers service to extensions such as the .VIP registry with more than 800,000 domain names registered, .BLOG - .LONDON - .BEER and .BENTLEY