I just read the article below from Verisign and...no sign of new gTLDs in the article but I don't blame the author: business is business.
Since Verisign is the owner of the profitable .COM Registry, I understand that kind of promotion but what I misunderstand is the reference to SEO when Google announced that it makes no difference to use a new domain name or a ".com".
There is a reference to the frustrating technical experience with new gTLDs too: come on what are talking about here? Same for the "level of security" paragraph ending in: "It may be more prudent to stick with well-known and trusted domain name extensions until more of the new gTLDs are able to prove themselves as safe and reliable": what? (...) I am fine with auto-promotion and I understand Verisign's willing to do the promotion of ".com" at all costs but is it what I read here or is this propaganda?
- Buy a new domain name (ie: ending in ".club" - ".gdn" - ".consulting" - ".finance"...) which means something and according to the identity of your online content. New gTLDs offer that possibility, ".com" domains don't.
- Buy a ".com" domain name because there is a risk to have it cybersquatted.
- When your baker says is bread is the best on earth, he's lying ;-)
- Verisign - 7 Key Questions to Ask When Choosing a Domain Name Extension;
- Memo - Mark and Signed Mark Objects Mapping;
- New gTLD registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to FINANCE;
- New gTLDs related to COLORS;
- New gTLDs related to COMPANIES;
- New gTLDs related to the LAW.
- Hurry-up - New Premium .CLUB Names available June 16th, 2016: http://landrush.club/
- Article - .STORE Suffix Provides Retailers an Opportunity to Rebrand;
- Article - One in 10 new gTLDs are shrinking?
- New gTLD communication - Registry partners with journalists;
- Number of Registry Agreements Executed: 2 (Contracting Statistics);
- The .INSURANCE new gTLD Opens for General Availability;
- Sunrise Registration: ".Motorcycles" Domain Names, Trademark Holders Only;
- More coming during the day.