THIS IS A LOT OF DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATIONS
...so I called Famous Four Media (dot Loan Limited), the Registry for the .LOAN new gTLD to ask the question and what was the reason of this. Here is the answer I received:
It has to do with the way .loan is perceived in China and it seems they are starting to love it. We have at least 2 big registrars in China that started selling insane numbers in .loan so that’s a fact now, no longer a guess.Famous Four Media recently established a WFOE company (wholly foreign-owned enterprises) in China and obtained a government license to be able to sell its domain names. The Chinese market now seems to be part of any new gTLD development strategy to sell domain names.
What you missed in our previous Newsletter:
- The .BOSTON new gTLD (is coming);
- HOT - Reminder: the .BUZZ auction is coming;
- Update - In which extensions should companies secure their domains?
- Involved in the consultancy side of a registry business?
- Google’s Open-Source TLD Registry Platform;
- New ICANN procedures for gTLD transfers (what you need to know);
- The .GOOG Sunrise Period ends soon (read more)
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL;
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE;
- New gTLDs related to SPORT.