The most important purposes of the .AAA TLD can be summarized as follows:
- Securing, protecting and operating the Applicant’s key brand (“AAA”) as a gTLD to the benefit of its stakeholders referred to below;
- Reflect the “AAA” brand at the top level of the DNS’ hierarchy, next to the existing gTLDs and ccTLDs;
- Provide stakeholders of the Applicant with a recognizable and trusted identifier on the Internet. Such stakeholders include, but are not limited to:
- the regional clubs of the Applicant;
- the local clubs of the Applicant;
- certain organizations associated with the Applicant, e.g. vintage car clubs;
- members of the Applicant; and directors and officers of the Applicant and its subsidiaries, including its employees;
- business partners and other strategic partners as identified by the Applicant.
- Provide such stakeholders with a secure and safe Internet environment, under the control of the Applicant, in which they are able to obtain information, products and services from and communicate with the Applicant and where they are able to obtain genuine information provided by the AAA and its approved stakeholders.
The domain names to be registered by the AAA and, as the case may be, its Affiliates, will likely relate to the following:
- registered trademarks of the AAA;
- names of the regional and local clubs of the AAA;
- names of the individual members of the AAA;
- names of organizations associated with the Applicant, e.g. vintage car clubs;
- third parties who perform services or offer products to the benefit of the Applicant’s members;
- names of departments within the AAA;
- names of foundations and social initiatives supported by the AAA;
- names of events (e.g. motorsports events) organized by the AAA;
Read the complete application details here.