A few things I note:
- There are 2 phases: two phases: Evaluation followed by Pre-delegation steps, then Delegation;
- The evaluation of all the new gTLD applications in a "single batch" can be completed in 11-12 months, possibly less;
- Proposed solutions for Metering are being considered in coordination with the ICANN community;
- Development of a metering solution (tentative) (December 19, 2012 – January 18, 2013): Solution implementation;
- October – November 2012: GAC early warnings anticipated;
- June 2013: Publication of Initial Evaluation results;
- August 2013: First delegation request;
- HOW I LOVE TO READ THIS: The current Evaluation phase is estimated at eleven months. This has been significantly accelerated from previously posted timelines. Additional acceleration is being sought and will be reported if and when new timelines are agreed.
Read the announcement here.