Google offered the world its tool to operate new gTLDs: it is a backend registry solution, named Nomulus
. Google new gTLDs already use this solution.
AWS from Amazon
You might have noticed the massive communication around AWS (Amazon Web Services) where the communication focuses on promoting cloud solutions from Amazon. A new gTLD was even created for this: the .AWS domain name extension.
If Google made it clear
that it still does not know if it will create a key-in-hand offer for .BRAND new gTLD applicants, what about Amazon?
Amazon did not build its TLDs with an internal solution, it has a backend registry provider and has not yet considered creating its own solution.
Potential .BRAND new gTLD applicants still think that it is too expensive to apply for their own domain name extension and a cheap/simple offer, just build for them, would seriously help. Lowering the price at ICANN...would help too.
So which service provider will come with that offer?
What you missed in our previous Newsletters:
- SBI launches its website using "Bank.sbi";
- .LIVE to Become Rightside’s Largest TLD;
- Let's talk .NYC : Thursday 23 February (today);
- DomainX: Sunday 9 April;
- Domaining Europe: Sunday 14 May.
- Phishers are shifting their sights to new gTLDs?
- A 2019 Second Round of New gTLDs?
- Domain Registrations Face An Uncertain Future But Opportunities Are There;
- NewG talk #26 (the latest figures for the Top 10 NewG extensions);
- Reminder: list of confusingly similar new gTLDs;
- Market Flatlines After ICANN Introduces New gTLDs;
- Preparing for Round 2;
- Interesting: all New gTLDs by Category;
- A Q&A on Google's New gTLD Solution, Nomulus;
- New gTLD cost impact survey (INTA): deadline extended;
- Guillon.blog : just (re)launched;
- 4 years to delegate the .AFRICA new gTLD;
- We Urgently Need a New Internet;
- ICANN : It rains domains in dot .Africa;
- The .AFRICA new gTLD's cover:
- Official date of the delegation: 15 February 2017;
- Official registry: http://nic.africa;
- Application submitted by the winning applicant to the ICANN.