It is still unclear how AUDI will use all these creations since there are domain name redirections in use too, but starting to use city names in ".audi" second level domains gives an idea of what comes next.
Congratulations to AUDI for the innovation. This is a good example of why it makes sense to develop a ".brand" new gTLD under specification 13 of the ICANN new gTLD program.
What you missed in our previous Newsletter:
- HOT - ICANN new gTLD program update;
- 200,000 .kiwi domain names put on hold;
- The .ART Sunrise Period has begun:
- START: Wednesday, 7 December, 2016 - 16:00;
- END: Tuesday, 7 February, 2017 - 16:00.
- Cool - Law Enforcement Request System (.GOOGLE);
- Geo and Keyworded gTLDs;
- Video – Brand TLDs | Why? What? How?
- Donuts to hold off on Chinese IDNs until it gets MIIT approval.