Question 1: where's the front door?The problem with .BRAND new gTLDs is that owning an entire new gTLD can confuse readers: which website is the is the front page? "In the past", brands often communicated on one single domain name, not several ones. With BRAND new gTLDs, this is changing and we are entering a new era: using the same front page for all .BRAND new gTLDs makes sense and "home.brand" seems to become an option.
Question 2: what does "home" mean?Standardization is the key for end users to understand - and this is going to take time - that a homepage also starts with "home.", instead of a word to which is added a ".com" domain name extension.
If "home" makes sense for users who read English, it does not necessary make sense for a French reader and you'd certainly not want French .BRAND new gTLDs to adopt the translation of "home" because I cannot really imagine a
This is an interesting exercise to try to find the right entry point (name) to .BRAND front pages. I believe multiple front pages in different languages can be a way to do this.
New domain name registration volumes:
- New gTLDs related to SPORT;
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL;
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE;
- HOT - Singular VS Plural new gTLDs;
- New gTLDs related to FRENCH applications;
- HOT - Generic new gTLD applications (to compete with ".com");
- New gTLDs related to CARS;
- New gTLDs related to HEALTH.
What you missed in our previous Newsletters:
- .blog Concludes a Successful Sunrise Phase;
- The .BASKETBALL new gTLD was just delegated;
- Guess which registrars sell the most gTLDs;
- Google Announces Nomulus (a new gTLD backend registry platform);
- Another Free Registry Software Option;
- Will more registrars stop supporting certain new gtlds?
- Saxo Bank Now Using Home.Saxo (second cover);
- Read the full "Nomulus" announcement;
- New .CLUB Premiums to be Released October 20;
- Say hello to .google and other branded addresses;
- What is Nomulus;
- Dot Registry backs DCA Trust in .AFRICA case;
- The only important meeting to attend at ICANN57;
- Saxo Bank changes to Home.saxo;
- Donuts Collaborates on Google's Domain Back-end Service;
- 500,000 Registrations Catapult .SITE to the Forefront;
- Ben McIlwain ...is the man behind Nomulus ;-) Meet with Ben;
- Apply for Your Free .Eco Domain;
- Tired of .com addresses?
- Nine Millions of Domain Names Are “Just Numbers”;
- What is "Reverse Domain Name Hijacking"?
- Dot brand gTLDs–still yet to hit the mainstream;
- Using Dot Brand Domains in Brand Communication;
- Google could shake up the registry market with new open-source Nomulus platform;
- .COACH blacklisted and barred from using G Suite?
- Navigating the World of New gTLDs;
- Do you drive a Ferrari? If you do, don't click here.
- The Social & Ecomonic Costs of ICANN Denying Community Priority (.GAY new gTLD);
- Daniel Negari (.XYZ) exits Rightside position;
- Who Was Right? 3 Years Later: Team Schilling vs Team Schwartz On New gTLD’s.