- January 2019: the .BEST had 4,000 domains less than .PAGE;
- February 2019: the .BEST had about the same but .PAGE had gained +3,500 more;
- March 2019: the .BEST had almost caught up with .PAGE with 2,000 less domains but .PAGE had almost 14,000 domain names created;
- April 2019: there's a gap of less than 3,000 domains between the two registries.
- May 2019: the .BEST Registry announces 16,000 domain names created and the gap with .PAGE is reduced to 2,000 domains.
- June 2019 (end): more .BEST than .PAGE coming ?
Why compare .PAGE and .BEST ?.Best hits 16K domains ! Register First your .Best domains in promo from $1.99 : https://t.co/D3gMiitOBJ#best #domains #domain #domainnames #domainname #execution #strategy #tld #icann #investor #investors #seo #digitalstrategy #inta #inta2019 #brand #thebest #brandprotection pic.twitter.com/SjMiD61xuG— .Best (@BestTLD) May 29, 2019
There is a list of domain name extensions that I'd strongly suggest to keep an eye on for any company with a need to secure its assets online. This list is not so long but can represent a danger if a third party, or a competitor, came to use the same extension with the exact same second level domain name.
I compare .PAGE to .BEST since one is just below the other in that list of domain name registration volumes. Also, it is interesting to see that one is maintained by a giant of the Internet (Google) and the other is operated and marketed by a small team of entrepreneurs based in Paris.