One probably came to wondering about buying a single letter domain name from a specific Registry or a so called "Premium domain name". The basic path would first be to enter the domain name in a browser to see if a website appears. Then, wouldn't that happen, one would use his Registrar to search that domain for...and this is usually when one drops it.
It is unclear to me if Registries...want to sell
- Some are already registered and offered at some platforms with various messages:
- "Make an offer",
- A (sometimes) prohibitive price with a "Buy now".
- Some point to an error or a blank page and it is up to the buyer to search the reason for this (...)
- Some point to a message at the Registrar saying that the domain name is not available when oin fact...it is. The truth is that the potential buyer must understand that he has to contact the Registry itself (...) Good luck with that.
- Some are just not available at some Registrars because...they don't offer domain names from this specific Registry.