- 1846 of those are “standard” applications.
- 84 are designated as “community-based”.
- 66 have designated themselves as geographic name applications.
- 116 applications are Internationalized Domain Names, or IDNs, using non-Latin scripts.
- 3 applicants seek support through ICANN’s Applicant Support Program.
Using ICANN’s definitions of the world’s regions, which can be viewed on our website:
- 911 applications came from North America.
- 675 from Europe.
- 303 applications are from the Asia-Pacific region.
- 24 are from Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 17 from Africa.
There are 230 domain names for which at least two applications were submitted, involving a total of 751 applications.
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.