What is the purpose/mission of this proposed, .KETCHUP generic Top-Level Domain?
ProMark Brands Inc, a subsidiary of H.J. Heinz Company, has filed this application for a .KETCHUP gTLD with the intention of bringing to market a trusted, hierarchical, and intuitive namespace for consumers to access content related to Heinz Tomato Ketchup worldwide.
- ProMark intends to initially limit registration and use of domain names within the .KETCHUP gTLD to Heinz and its qualified subsidiaries and affiliates;
- After year 3, ProMark will evaluate whether opportunities exist to carry out the business strategy for the .KETCHUP gTLD through expansion that continues the sustainable operations of the registry through fee-based registrations to parties other than Heinz and its qualified subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Four stage rollout for the .KETCHUP gTLD:
- Heinz will register a limited number of .KETCHUP second-level domain names;
- ProMark will begin allocating domain names in the .KETCHUP gTLD for more widespread internal corporate use and it will evaluate expanding the operations of the gTLD to permit registration by other registrants, such as licensees and strategic partners;
- ProMark may begin to implement the permanent migration of Internet traffic away from the gTLDs in which Heinz’s domain names are currently registered, and toward the .KETCHUP gTLD;
- ProMark will assess whether its business plan and expansion strategy should be augmented by extending registration rights to a broader class of licensees, potentially including customers of Heinz.
ProMark’s proposed operating rules to limit registration to Heinz and its qualified subsidiaries and affiliates
Read the complete application details here.