- Reading the project Timeline, I understand the Trademark Clearinhouse will be launched in October 2012;
- Rightsholders should be charged around USD 150 to subscribe and there will be an annual renewal fee;
- Registries will pay too: a set-up fee of USD 7,000 to 10,000 will be due per TLD registry. The set-up fee should cover Sunrise and Trademark Claims processes, as well as assistance in integration and testing;
- ICANN has set up an official web page I suggest all interested parties should visit it. As it says, this page tracks the progress of implementation work done on the Trademark Clearinghouse.
In June the 27th, there will be a session in Prague which will provide an update on the continuing work toward implementation of the Clearinghouse.
The session will include a review of processes that are being built, such as:
- Submission of rights information to the Clearinghouse;
- Sunrise registration and notification processes;
- Trademark Claims notification processes.
To attend, click here.
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.