The .menu gTLD will benefit proposed registrants, internet users and others by offering an internet space exclusively dedicated to restaurant menus of all kinds, and their affiliated constituents:
- The Registry will focus on restaurant menus, supporting and building directories around each category of dining by geography;
- Dedication to this subject will allow the Registry to become the chosen destination for all seeking restaurant and menu information;
- The proposed gTLD will promote competition by creating a digital environment dedicated to all social, informational and commercial aspects of restaurants and their menus;
- The Registry will establish category and geography-specific community directory websites;
- The proposed gTLD will catalyze innovation by creating an online community devoted to the menus of the global restaurant industry;
- .menu will allow for the following innovations:
- Search: optimized and customized;
- Community-specific premium domains that will be utilized for the benefit of all interested parties;
- Targeted and more cost-effective advertising;
- The ability to create and analyze community metrics;
- Lay the foundation for a community-specific e-commerce platform.
- Method for resolving multiple applications for a particular name
- During the Sunrise period, multiple applications for a particular domain, assuming all are properly listed in the Trademark Clearinghouse and⁄or otherwise verified at the Registry’s discretion, will be resolved through an auction.
- During the Landrush period, multiple applications for a particular domain name will be resolved through an auction process.
- During the general registration process, multiple applications for a particular domain name will be resolved on a first come first serve basis.
- Cost benefits to registrants intended for implementation:
- The Registry reserves the right to offer introductory discounts and advantageous pricing to industry leaders or other entities that enhance the community reputation and visibility of the gTLD.
- The Registry may coordinate with registrars to offer price discounts to customers purchasing multiple domains or bundled services.
- Intended contractual commitments to registrants regarding the magnitude of price escalation:
- The Registry will comply with the Registry Agreement and will make contractual commitments to registrants regarding the pricing policy. This includes complying with all pricing requirements detailed in Article 2.10 of ICANN’s New gTLD Registry Agreement.
- The Registry may from time to time increase prices in accordance with market rates and other applicable factors throughout the internet community.
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.