Applicant is part of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (“Estee Lauder”), one of the worldʹs leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products.
The proposed .clinique gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would potentially serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding Estée Lauder’s ability to:
- Facilitate the achievement of Estée Lauder to develop, manufacture, market and sell the world’s best cosmetics, skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products;
- Create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for customers, prospects, employees, joint ventures, business partners and communities where we do business;
- Deliver product and service marketing⁄advertising;
- Enable marketing⁄technology campaign activation;
- Facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Estée Lauder has a business relationship;
- Improve business operations;
- Simplify Internet user navigation to information about Estée Lauder products and services;
- Demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer⁄member privacy and confidential information online; and
- Meet future customer expectations and competitive market demands by continuing to develop & deploy leading edge products and services.
- There will not be multiple applications for a particular domain in the proposed .clinique TLD because this will be an exclusively-controlled TLD where only 1 party, Estée Lauder, will be able to seek registrations;
- The proposed .clinique TLD will be a self-funded, exclusively-controlled TLD available only to Estée Lauder. Thus, there will be no per domain name registration cost incurred by any party for this TLD and thus, no price changes and⁄or escalations for which registrants will need to be notified.
Read the complete application details here.