The SWOT analysis is a structured planning method used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project: the ICANN new gTLD program in this case.
- Delays in the program;
- Difficult to deal with, for new gTLD applicants;
- Groups and well represented communities will find it practically impossible to defend themselves from abusive standard applications;
- A nightmare for brands;
- Very expensive;
- Multiple versions of the initial methodology: the Applicant Guidebook;
- An International communication campaign?
- “IN ENGLISH ONLY”;
- Applicants will all market their domain names at the same time;
- The interest of end of the line users or new gTLD service providers?
- Acquiring a string representing a recognized Community is open to...anybody;
- Too many participants;
- Intended for new gTLD applicants and domain name service providers, not for end users;
- Same strings with exact same meaning can be considered differently in different languages;
- It is the role of each brand to pay for its protection;
- ICANN is supposed to be an International organization;
- The Applicant Guidebook can be modified anytime;
- The RAA contract.
Thanks for this recap information about new gTLDs.ReplyDelete
When is the part 3 comming up?
It is coming this week.ReplyDelete