Colors are selling pretty well in Round 1
- .RED : 31,609 domains registered;
- .BLACK : 4,950 registrations;
- .PINK : 13,330 registrations;
- .ORANGE : This is a trademark;
- .BLUE : 15,585 registrations;
- .GREEN : 1,464 registrations.
What about animals?
Some applicants realized that speculating with new gTLD applications was possible. Auctions for some of them also seem to have been lucrative but this is nothing compared to private auctions: some new gTLD applications were won in auctions for millions of Dollars leaving their applicants with more money than what they spent to apply.
For the second time, I hear about "animals" and with the experience of Round one, I wouldn't be surprised to see applications related to names of animals. If speculating on domain names has existed for the past 20 years and speculating on new gTLD applications is profitable, it could become the next trend.
A few animal names I heard recently:
- Jaguar: application was submitted already for a Trademark.