The interesting thing about this kind of conferences is that they tend to become more and more popular and the image domain name investors had in the past is changing today. Let's be honest: how were domainers considered before the launching of new gTLDs? ;-)
With the arrival of new gTLDs, I feel these conferences generate more interest. The example I like to use here is the presence of "institutions" from the new gTLD business in these conferences. Did you expect so see the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (the ICANN) to attend and talk at these conferences? It is a reality today.
Another sign that investing in domain names is becoming natural is the presence of major players from the industry: registries get to these conferences to promote strong added value domain names called "Premium" domains. Even backend registries attend to explain how to invest in new gTLDs. Did you notice: the speech is evolving from investing in domain names to...investing in new domain name extensions!
Conferences I would attend on the NamesCon 2017 Agenda:
- Monday, January 23rd:
- Investing in New TLDs - Making Money in the Short and Long Term, 2:00pm - 2:45pm.
Join Rightside and a panel of industry experts to discuss strategies for investing in gTLDs and where they see the opportunities are going forward.
- Tuesday, January 24th:
- Five Facts that Will Change the Domain Game in 2017, 11:00am - 11:45am.
24 days have already gone through in 2017 – but the new Domain year will bring five significant changes. In this session two true experts will explain what awaits you in 2017.
- China Masterclass, 12:00pm - 12:45pm.
No one can deny that China made a huge impact on the domain industry in the last two years. A panel of industry experts will discuss the latest changes to this enormous and complex market and help us understand the important differences between the Chinese and 'Western' world of domains.
- HOT - Will Branded TLDs Impact the Marketplace in 2017 and Beyond? 2:00pm - 2:45pm.
In 2016 we saw the initial roll out of the strategies for many of the world’s largest companies using their .brand Top Level Domains. Why are these companies doing this and what is the value proposition in moving away from the well-known .com digital footprints? Is this just a fad or are we witnessing a change to domain name branding for the future?
- Wednesday, January 25th:
- DNS Industry SWOT Analysis, 2017 Edition, 9:30am - 9:55am.
Scaling the Internet’s TLD space from 22 top-level domains to hundreds, and one day potentially thousands is a game-changer on many levels. Akram Atallah, President of ICANN’s Global Domains Division, will sit with Christian Dawson, Executive Director of i2Coalition, to discuss developments within the evolving DNS industry including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- India Masterclass, 11:00am - 11:45am.
While India has a low internet penetration rate of 19% it is close to replacing the US as the 2nd largest market with almost 300 million internet users. With more than 50 million new users per year, India cannot be ignored. Find out what makes this unique nation tick.
- A Look Ahead at New TLDs, 11:00am - 11:45am. Look forward and anticipate the prosperity and growth of TLDs for existing and future launches. Utilizing experiences and insight from current cases into the next round and beyond.
- Just announced: the .VUELOS new gTLD. Check latest announcements from the TMCH;
- INTA Impact Study on Costs of New gTLDs (Reserved to INTA corporate members);
- 2017 the .RADIO launch year!
- NewG talk #21: how are NewG domain names being developed into websites?
- HOT - Regulating Online Content through the Internet Architecture: The Case of ICANN’s new gTLDs;
- Most wanted new gTLD in 2017:
- Instead of .com users will choose .web;
- Spartans, what is your profession?
- Countries, Cities & Places;
- How it’s done.
- The TMCH just announced:
- The .ECO Sunrise Period;
- The .BROADWAY Sunrise Period.
- DotBrand thinking for 2017;
- To Uniregistry: your thoughts on new gTLDs?
- .BRAND new gTLDs: release of Country and Territory Names;
- Analyzing new top level domain registrations by country (Part 2).
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.