I strongly suggest the reading of this publication for new comers to the new gTLD world, entrepreneurs wishing to launch a new domain name extension or, Trademarks starting to wondering about securing - and using - their .BRAND personalized domain name extension:
- Unequal business models;
- Brand TLDs (or .BRAND);
- Sponsored (or Community) TLDs;
- GeoTLDs (geographic Top-Level Domains);
- Pure generics:
- generic domains that can only reach a small customer base;
- "open" generics, with terms used worldwide, which are lucky enough to address a global target or at least one that is very broad.
- The consequences in terms of marketing strategies;
- Exclusive TLDs versus mass TLDs;
- Bad pricing never pays;
- Rights holders and domainers, two false friends;
- Convincing investors;
- "Success" or failure is not related to volume but to the relevance of the strategy with respect to market conditions.
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.