- The possibility to use a domain name extension which could come in competition with ".com" domain names since ".gdn" stands for "Global Domain Name" and it is as short as ".com" and...cheaper.
- Lower the risk of infringement: I don't want someone to register my trademark using a generic Top-Level Domain: ".gdn" clearly is the equivalent to ".com" and there are many - BUT MANY - domain names still available to register.
- Ending soon: the .PROMO Sunrise Period;
- Article - ICANN in a strop that major Trademarks aren't using their .BRAND;
- Multistakeholder Policy Development and new gTLDs;
- Acquisition - A "Multiple Registry" just acquired the .GAME new gTLD;
- Half of the ownership of all registered new domains belong to Chinese investors;
- New gTLDs related to Catering;
- New gTLDs related to "French" (by Nameshield);
- New gTLDs related to Photography;
- New gTLDs related to Cities.
- (Coming: new gTLDs related to Trademarks).
- Hot - .GAME for $300 or .GAMES for $12?
- In French - DNS News n°216:
- Etat statistique des nTLDs;
- Bulle spéculative;
- Un nom de domaine, et alors ?
- Valeur versus coût;
- Dialogues de sourds;
- Communication, capture et intégration verticale.
- How To Kill It On Social Media Marketing Using New gTLD;
- A Guide to Building the Perfect Website for Your Fitness Business;
- New gTLDs 'Nobody Cares About;
- More coming during the day.
|The Nameshield Group: Registry, Corporate and Retail Registrar|
Most recent Trademark Clearinghouse Sunrise Period announcements
Post a Comment
Interested in learning if it makes sense to create your own new domain name extension? Ask Jovenet Consulting for your SWOT analysis.