- The .FAITH has more than 50,000 registrations;
- The .WEDDING and .CHURCH new gTLDs have more than 10,000 domain names registered;
- The .BIBLE and .CHRISTMAS have more than 1,000 domains registered;
- 3 of them are IDNs with one domain name registered;
- 2 are .BRAND new gTLDs representing a religious organization: .CBN and .LDS
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Religious new gTLDs: blue or red?
There are a certain number of domain name extensions related to religions: most are catholic and almost all of them have received more domain name registrations in December 2017 than what they had in January 2017, this is a good point.
20 new gTLDs
On the list of 20 religious new gTLDs:
Blue or red?
Only two of these extensions lost registrations from January to December: the .CHRISTMAS Top-Level Domain lost 940 domain name registrations and .WED ... seems now like an example of a failed TLD: it only had 108 domains registered in January and 37 in December (we already wrote about this).
The .FAITH Top-Level Domain ended the year with 4,000 more domains registered: 51,400 in total and .CHURCH had almost 5,000 more by the end of the year.
Will they ever launch?
The .UMMAH application was withdrawn but two applications remain in "On -hold", which means that no one can tell if they will ever see the day. The two religious TLDs concerned are .HALAL and .ISLAM
I want to keep an eye on the .ISMAILI Top-Level Domain which gained 4 more domains in December 2017. The .CBN gained one more in december too.