Don't Drink and Drive (Alcohol)
I listed exactly ten new gTLDs with a focus on alcohol:
- Two are .BRANDs and were delegated in 2016 - four years ago - and still have not been used by the applicant (...) This is rather sad because there is a serious opportunity here: these two trademarks are American wine brands and they are the only one to have been granted their TLD on the planet. Each has one domain name registered in December, the same as January of the same year.
- Wine is well represented: two versions of a TLDs for wine (French and English) and two Trademarks.
- Three TLDs, the .VIN - .GLASS and .PUB new gTLDs, had less registrations in December than in January of the same year. Note that I am not surprised here: without any presence or action in France, the American .VIN Registry will find it hard to sell French ".vin" domain names.
- Four TLDs "are" alcohol: .VODKA - .WINE and .BEER
- Four TLDs have more than 10,000 domain names created and the highest one is .PUB with 33,028 registrations in December 2019.
- The most interesting case in 2019 is .BAR : it started the year with 5,822 registrations and ended it with 22,535. Note that the increase of registrations between October and November is important: more than 10,000 in one month.
- In March 2020, I created a directory for domain names ending in ".beer" and I am still working on it ;-)
I listed six domain name extensions dedicated to sex. Yes ... sex is a subject on Internet:
- I found no .BRAND related to sex;
- Even if .WTF does not necessarily relate to sex, I added it to this report and actually, this one is working great: registration figures kept increasing from January to December. There were more than 17,000 domain name creations in December.
- To be honest, I find that none of these extension are a success: they all decrease in number but .SEX and .WTF
Coming: "Law and Politics: 2019 in Review"